- How do I: Upgrade the system software?To install an upgrade to the Allworx system software, you will need to perform the following steps:
You will need to download the system software from the Allworx Partner Portal, and make sure those files are loaded onto the Allworx system in the Update folder.
If you cannot download the files from the server admin page, you will have to use an FTP program to load the files into the Allworx.
You will need to perform a system backup before you run the system upgrade. In case something goes wrong with the installation, you will want to have a copy of the configuration available to rebuild the system.
Once those steps are done, the system upgrade can take place.
If you have not backed up your system software, or if you are at all uncertain if you have ever backed up your system software, please follow the guide on ‘How Do I: Backup the Allworx' to do so BEFORE you run a system software upgrade.
- How Do I: Download system software:There are two methods for downloading the system software:
Method 1, Automated download
- Open a new Internet browser.
- Navigate to the server admin page of the Allworx system and log in.
- Click on Maintenance > Upgrade.
- Under the ‘Copy the files to the update area', click on the link for ‘download from the web', then click the OK button. This will download the current “released” version of software for your model server. If this process is successful, you may proceed to the next step ‘How To Update the System Software'.
- If this process is NOT successful, you will need to FTP the files manually, and you will need to follow the below steps for Manual download.
Method 2, Manual download
- Open a new Internet browser.
- Navigate to the Portal, log in, and go to Support & Training > Software.
- Find the version of the system software that you want to download for your system. Usually there are two choices, the Production and a Pre-Production. Make sure you choose the right version for your model of system.
- Click on the link for the system software to begin downloading it to your computer.
- When the ‘Save' dialog box comes up, make sure you note where on your computer the software is being downloaded to, so you can find it later. Then click ‘Save' or ‘OK'.
- When that is done, you can close the browser, the software is now downloaded onto your computer.
- Using your FTP program, transfer the system software files to the update folder of the Allworx system. The parameters for the FTP program are:
- IP- the same as your LAN IP for the Allworx.
- Anonymous and passive settings are to be used
- How Do I: Update the system software:
- Open a new Internet browser window, and navigate to the Allworx server admin page and log in.
- Click on Maintenance, then Update
- At this point, the new System Files should be in the Update folder of the Allworx system. If not, then you will need to follow the steps above (How To Download System Software) first.
- Click the ‘Activate Update' button. If the correct files have been loaded to the Update folder, the system will prompt you that the “the update was successful” and notify you that the system will reboot automatically. If you are notified that the update failed, verify that the correct software had been downloaded from the website, and that all files contained in the downloaded “zip” file have been copied to the update folder. Loading the incorrect version for your model server is the most common reason for a failed update.
- When the system has rebooted, it will have the new system software installed. To confirm this, you can click on the ‘about' button under the Allworx logo on the admin page. It will display the currently installed version number of system software.
- How Do I: Save files from the Admin pages?From the browser save html pages as htm only (system events, system configuration, etc)
Save anything that default saves as .txt (sip logs, pri logs, pretty much anything on the tools page) as a text file (*.txt)